- Which Type of U.S. Company to Choose?
- Is an EIN (Employer Identification Number) required？
- Registration Process
- Regarding U.S. company tax rates and tax issues
- Is it difficult or costly to deregister a U.S. company?
- Can a U.S. company be used to open a U.S. bank account?
- Can a U.S. company be used to register on Amazon?
- Can a U.S. company be used to register on Etsy?
- Can a U.S. company be used to apply for a Stripe account?
- Can a U.S. company be used to register Shopify Payment?
- As for other issues,
Which Type of U.S. Company to Choose?
You can register your company through Northwest Registered Agent and then find someone on Fiverr to apply for an EIN. Here's a reliable Fiverr service provider I've used many times, making the process convenient, quick, and successful. [link] If you prefer not to deal with the hassle, you can handle everything in one place with Northwest Registered Agent for $200.
3.Selecting a Registered Address
4. Enter your name; leave other fields as default.
6. Enter your email and password to create an account on the Northwest Registered Agent platform. This account will be used for all company maintenance tasks, such as annual reporting, applying for tax IDs, and deregistration.
7. Provide your contact information, which doesn't need to be accurate, as they won't mail anything. It's recommended to use a valid address.
8. There are some optional steps; if you plan to apply for an EIN, select 'Tax ID.' The fee for applying for an EIN is $200.
9. The final step is payment. You can choose not to apply for an EIN, and the cost will be $39 follow my coupon link.
10.After submission, log in to the platform to provide additional information as required. Then, patiently wait for the processing of your application. You can log in anytime to check the status. If you encounter any issues, email them, and they will respond during U.S. working hours.
Regarding U.S. company tax rates and tax issues
Is it difficult or costly to deregister a U.S. company?
Dealing with multiple shell companies is common for cross-border e-commerce businesses. Some companies may become unused or unusable, and it's a good practice to deregister them in a timely manner. This helps avoid incurring maintenance costs and prevents potential damage to your credit.
If your company has consistently reported zero taxes and has no debt issues, you can initiate the deregistration process online easily. The cost for self-service company deregistration on the Northwest Registered Agent website is $160. The process is simple:
- Visit the Northwest Registered Agent website.
- Enter your order number and contact details.
- Confirm your information.
- Select the reason for deregistration.
- Review and submit the deregistration request.
Can a U.S. company be used to open a U.S. bank account?
Can a U.S. company be used to register on Amazon?
Yes, it can. The process of registering on Amazon with a U.S. company is generally the same as with companies from other countries. You'll need to prepare:
- A U.S. company
- A U.S. address
- An environment for applying (ture US or super browser or VPS)
- A U.S. credit card
- A U.S. bank account
- A U.S. phone number
Can a U.S. company be used to register on Etsy?
Can a U.S. company be used to apply for a Stripe account?
Can a U.S. company be used to register Shopify Payment?
However, according to Shopify's official requirements, you need to be physically present in the United States. The official documentation requirements are as follows:
- Identification card, driver's license, or passport (from any country).
- A valid IRS tax number (for non-U.S. citizens, you can apply for an ITIN, which we can apply for in compliance).
- EIN (if applying under the company's name, you'll need the company's tax number, i.e., EIN).
- SSN (U.S. citizens applying under a sole proprietorship need an SSN).
- Proof of presence in the U.S. (lease agreement and proof of local shipment within the U.S.).
- A U.S. bank account (non-virtual card).
So, the key requirements for applying for Shopify Payment are an ITIN tax number, proof of presence in the U.S., and evidence of local shipping within the U.S. Of course, not all of these documents need to be provided during the initial application; they may be requested during a secondary review.
My recommendation is to first register your U.S. company and apply for an EIN tax number. After that, you can attempt to apply for Shopify Payment (you won't need a personal tax number and address proof during the initial application). If your Shopify Payment application is approved, you can use it consistently, unless you face a high dispute rate or copyright infringement issues that trigger a secondary review. If your Shopify Payment application is not approved, using Stripe is also a viable alternative.
Additionally, while Stripe requires the use of a physical bank card, virtual cards such as Wise, Payoneer, and P-cards typically work without issues, and there are no concerns about card deactivation. Avoid using physical cards like Hua Mei or Velo for receiving payments, as personal cards cannot be used for business purposes, regardless of the country.
As for other issues,